The Nordic Racers Ski Club is proudly sponsored by:
Sigge's Sport Villa
10% discount for Nordic Racer members. 15% discount on club night in the fall.
Steep discounts on season passes at the beginning of each ski season.
Deep Cove Outdoors
10% discount for Nordic Racer members year round.
Clubs and Organizations
- The Vancouver Skiers offer organized day and overnight tours by bus and carpool to various ski areas, including trips to the Larch Hills and Cariboo loppets.
- Cross Country BC – the provincial governing body for cross-country skiing.
- Cross Country Canada – the national governing body for cross-country skiing.
- FIS – Fédération Internationale de Ski, the International Ski Federation.
- Hollyburn Cross Country Ski Club – Vancouver’s family cross country ski club. The 500 member club follows the Cross Country Canada endorsed Jackrabbit program to introduce children to cross country skiing, fitness and winter fun.
- FASP – A volunteer, non-profit organization serving the skiing and snowboarding public since 1938. We provide ski patrol services on Grouse Mountain and Cypress Cross Country (Hollyburn).
- Callaghan Valley Training Centre is a National Athlete Development Centre that aims to provide a concentration of world-class training facilities, coaching and sport science resources for cross-country skiers.
- Callaghan Valley Cross Country Ski Club – Run by members of various cross country ski clubs in the Sea to Sky Corridor, who come together to organize a high level racing events and the Sigge’s Payak ski event.
- BC ski club directory
- Worldloppet Ski Federation
- World Masters Cross-Country Ski Association
Loppets and Races
- Sigge’s P’ayak. A world class cross country ski event at Whistler Olympic Park in the Callaghan Valley, site of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Features various loppet distances for adults and older teens, ski cross event for younger teens and a fun ski tournament for kids.
- Cypress Mountain – The Nordic Area is located on Hollyburn Ridge just 30 minutes from the heart of downtown Vancouver, right at the city’s door step. Cypress weather report.
- Manning Park Resort, in the Cascade mountains.
- Whistler trail report, also at (604) 935-PLAY (935-7529), selection 2.
- Cross Country Connection is the home of cross country skiing in Whistler. We are located on the trails at Lost Lake Park, in Lost Lake PassivHaus, a short walk from the heart of Whistler Village.
- Whistler Olympic Park at Callaghan Valley.
- Callaghan Country – located in the heart of British Columbia’s Coast Mountain Range, just 20 minutes south from Whistler Village and 1.5 hours north of Vancouver.
- Sovereign Lake Nordic Centre – near Vernon, BC
- Silver Star Mountain – near Vernon, BC. The location of the Nordic Racers annual ski camp.
- Mount Washington, on Vancouver Island, near Courtenay, B.C.
- Methow Valley, in Washington state.
Ski Equipment Retailers
- Sigge’s Nordic Ski Shop – Located in the heart of Kitsilano, Sigge’s carries a large variety of equipment, clothing and accessories featuring most of the key nordic brands, offering one of the largest selections of nordic equipment in Western Canada. Open seasonally from September 1st to April 30th. They offer a 10% discount to Nordic Racers Ski Club members (15% on club night), and they host the Nordic Racer annual Wine & Cheese in the fall.
- Deep Cove Outdoors – North Vancouver’s foremost kayak, Nordic ski and snowshoe specialty store. We are located in North Vancouver at 352 Lynn Avenue, behind Canadian Tire. Their winter inventory consists of a variety of Nordic equipment satisfying skiers from novice to racing levels. Hosts of the Tuesday Night Race series on Cypress. They offer a 10% discount to Nordic Racer members.
- Gear West – The largest cross country ski retailer in North America and only carries the best quality equipment. They have a very rigorous ski selection process and one of the most scientific and accurate approaches to selecting the best ski for an individual, even remotely. They have tons of expertise with World class skiers. Official equipment supplier for the Nordic Racer Race Team.
The below links may or may not be endorsed by the Nordic Racers awesome trainers and coaches. Read at your own risk.